Vision & Values
At Ash Hill Primary School we are a learning community. Our whole school culture is underpinned by the principles of growth mindset and we believe that there are no limits to what we can achieve. We are aspirational and strive for excellence in all that we do, ensuring everyone can be the best that they can be.
In order to make our shared vision accessible and meaningful to all members of our school community we have created a vision illustration.
We aim to Grow Minds in order for children to become lifelong learners by:
- Explicitly teaching learning to learn skills and by aiding their understanding about behaviours for learning
- Providing high quality daily teaching and enriched learning opportunities
- Developing a creative and engaging curriculum which interests and inspires the children, and meets their needs
- Guiding the children to develop self-regulation skills and to be reflective about their behaviour and learning
- Providing clear routines and consistent expectations for all times of the school day
- Challenging the children to improve by always having the highest of expectations in all aspects of school life
- Working in partnership with all members of our school community
- Ensuring every child reaches or exceeds the expected standard.
We inspire values and life skills by:
- Promoting pupils’ Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development and embedding our 6 core values throughout every aspect of our school life. These are:
- Community Mindedness
- Developing children’s emotional literacy skills so that their communication is effective and positive
- Rewarding children for making sensible choices and showing that they are ready to learn and ready to play consistently
- Being community minded and enabling children to take responsibility for our school learning environment
- Being outward facing; building links within our local community and collaborating with other schools and organizations
- Safeguarding children and ensuring school is a safe environment in which their personal development can flourish.
Ultimately, we aim to enable our children to develop as enthusiastic lifelong learners well equipped to take advantage of the opportunities that will shape their futures.