All of our team here at Ash Hill Primary School contribute towards our vibrant community and help to enable the children to develop as lifelong learners. When recruiting for new members of staff, any current vacancies will be displayed here.
Are you ambitious for every child? Are you passionate about creating an aspirational learning culture in which every child can become a lifelong learner? Do you have the leadership skills to inspire and empower others in their teaching and learning practice? Do you have the resilience and perseverance to take our school to the next stage of its journey and beyond?
Did you answer ‘Yes’ to these questions?
Then Ash Hill Primary School is looking for you.
The Board of Governors is looking for a Head Teacher to join our school in 2018. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual who will continue to drive the rapid and sustained school improvement journey we have taken over the last three years.
The ideal candidate will:
- Put the children’s well-being and learning at the heart of everything they do
- Develop the creative curriculum and the authentic, real-world experiences that excite and invigorate the children’s learning
- Inspire and empower our highly effective, talented and passionate team of learning practitioners who embody the principles of growth mindset
- Sustain the development of teaching and learning practice, and ensure all staff are high performing individuals capable of delivering first-class teaching and learning
- Demonstrate excellence in leadership and implement the strategic vision in all facets of the day-to-day school life
- Play a pivotal role in the school community by nurturing relationships with parents and carers
- Partner with other professional and universal agencies to ensure the needs of all our children are met in a timely and appropriate manner so that gaps in progress can be rapidly closed
- Maintain existing partnerships and proactively seek additional beneficial relationships with key stakeholders in the educational sector both locally and nationally
- Collaborate with the Board of Governors to shape the vision and future of Ash Hill in the evolving educational landscape
- Actively pursue a strategic improvement agenda
Ash Hill is a single-form entry school set in the east of High Wycombe. The school has an above average number of pupils registered for Pupil Premium and has undergone an accelerated, transformational journey over the past three years.
This is an exciting time to be joining the school as we continue to secure the best academic and personal development outcomes for our pupils.
Ash Hill is a supportive and caring learning community which is underpinned by a whole-school growth mindset culture. To ensure that everyone is ready to learn, we have a consistent approach to behaviours for learning called Let’s Get Smart which positively promotes the behaviour we expect from pupils. This is embodied in our school values:
Ash Hill currently has 226 pupils on its register, including 20 part-time pupils who attend the on-site nursery. Within our community we have:
- 40% of our children who are disadvantaged
- 2% of our children who have EHCP
- 9% of our children require SEND Support and the total number of SEND children equals 11%
- 39% of our children who are EAL
- 1.4% of our children who are LAC
A recent, independent evaluation of the school rated the school as ‘good with elements of outstanding’ and identified the following areas of strength:
Teaching and learning: The evidence seen during the review suggests that teaching, learning and assessment across the school are good, and that teaching, learning and assessment in EYFS are outstanding.
Behaviour: Pupils’ behaviour in lessons and around the school is excellent. In lessons, they are encouraged to take responsibility for aspects of their own learning; and do so with relish.
The evidence seen during the review suggests that personal development, behaviour and safety are outstanding.
Outcomes: The outcomes for pupils have improved in recent years, at all key stages and for all groups of pupils. The percentage of pupils at a good level of development at the end of reception year has increased year-on-year, from 17% in 2014, to 53% in 2015, to 61% in 2016 and 70% in 2017. The 2017 figure signifies exceptionally high rates of progress.
The evidence seen during the review suggests that outcomes for pupils are good with outstanding features.
A survey of staff in the 2017 Summer term shows that staff feel they work effectively as a team to move the school forward, and that the school is calm every day and this allows for positive learning. Staff have also seen the positive impact of areas of strategic focus such as working walls, pen licences and Behaviours for Learning.
A survey of parents/carers in the 2017 Autumn term revealed that more than 70% of parents strongly agreed that their children felt happy and safe at the school and were taught well.
But most important are the views of our pupils. They have told us:
‘Everyone here is very friendly and I can trust them with how I am feeling. It’s a small school with a big heart.’ - Year 6 pupil
‘We have a really good view, great resources to help us and to keep us safe. If we do something wrong, we get a chance to right what we’ve done.’ - Year 5 pupil
‘I go to nurture group which is fun and has really helped me with my behaviour. At Ash Hill we are taught never to give up.’ - Year 5 pupil
Applications are welcome from prospective head teachers with a view to commencing the role in either April or September 2018.
For more information and to download an application pack, please visit our website:
You are warmly invited to visit the school on one of the following days:
Tuesday 9th January in the afternoon
Thursday 11th or Thursday 18th January in the morning
Other dates and times will be considered on request.
To book a school visit, or if you have any further enquiries, please contact:
Mrs Jackie Suter on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01494 523218.
Ash Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupil under its care. An Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to starting employment.
Required for: April or September 2018
Closing date: 19th January 2018
Interview dates: 24th and 25th January 2018
Salary: L15-L22 - £55,600 to £66, 017